Post here if u want to challenge us
DEAudioDoc
VIP
VIP

Re: DE vs BAM vs 420 vs IRs vs Pf

Post by DEAudioDoc » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:28 pm

Found the purp :P

shaft78 wrote:Hello :)
Had an idea for a fun match up with a bit of a twist.
Proposal:
5 Teams
12 Tracks
Week long match TA mode starting on the 13th of June.

Now the twist:
Every Saturday they post the best tracks of the week on tmx, so on the 11th we take the top 12 fs tracks and go. That gives us 2 days to practice then the match starts.

Slight change in the points system as well, only top 20 spots count.
Points score from: 1st equals 20 points on down to 20th that equals 1 point for each track.
Thats it. :)

This was something we tried about a year ago and it worked really well and was alot of fun. Pf are good friends and they have said they are in. Let me know what you think.
Thanks and peace. :D
had a nice sig, but can't remember what it was :S

Paljas
God
God

Post by Paljas » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:01 pm

DEAudioDoc wrote:still a day left, or am i mistaken?
Yep still one day left, not sure if that will make a difference for our position though =))
Image Image

AmF3

Post by AmF3 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:38 pm

DEAudioDoc wrote:Found the purp :P
And..? Shaft wrote me a day or two before the match. He didn't mention about the new rules and I haven't had time to read the forum. Partly it's my bad ofc. The next time I take a closer look at what going to participate.

alex6524

Post by alex6524 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:25 pm

Yes, i agree with Amf, 20-loc system was not true choice to test team skills, on my opinion

GG PF, gg all; DE, thx for server

:)

420 winter

Post by 420 winter » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:45 pm

And the whineing about skills and such is exactly the reason I'm generally against Competitions. Skills dont matter. Driving and having fun does. Who gives a shit about where you place.

Paljas
God
God

Post by Paljas » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:41 pm

420 winter wrote:And the whineing about skills and such is exactly the reason I'm generally against Competitions. Skills dont matter. Driving and having fun does. Who gives a shit about where you place.
I do like a bit of a challenge, but the scoring system doesn't prevent to position yourselves against the other players, which is why I put other statistics on the match score page as well. I guess having the first 20 get scores enables the teams that suck to measure themselves against each other also. If that negatively influenced the 'fairness' of the match, maybe IRs and Pf should battle each other 1-on-1 in the future at their own leisure, and under their own well defined mutually agreed and triple reviewed terms ;).

I'm sorry that we have to discuss the above in the first place though; DE, as does Winter and 420 in general I'm glad to see, is mostly interested in having a bit of fun. The match is just a way to get people together. In that respect, good game guys. Shaft, thanks for the initiative, think it was a nice change of tracks, although I don't think we'd quickly agree to do the same a second time, since the best of the week tracks are generally not our favorite style ;). Nonetheless, I had a good time trying, and once again confirmed I cannot SD ;).
Image Image

shaft78

Post by shaft78 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:24 am

Paljas wrote: I do like a bit of a challenge, but the scoring system doesn't prevent to position yourselves against the other players, which is why I put other statistics on the match score page as well. I guess having the first 20 get scores enables the teams that suck to measure themselves against each other also. If that negatively influenced the 'fairness' of the match, maybe IRs and Pf should battle each other 1-on-1 in the future at their own leisure, and under their own well defined mutually agreed and triple reviewed terms ;).

I'm sorry that we have to discuss the above in the first place though; DE, as does Winter and 420 in general I'm glad to see, is mostly interested in having a bit of fun. The match is just a way to get people together. In that respect, good game guys. Shaft, thanks for the initiative, think it was a nice change of tracks, although I don't think we'd quickly agree to do the same a second time, since the best of the week tracks are generally not our favorite style ;). Nonetheless, I had a good time trying, and once again confirmed I cannot SD ;).

I am sorry too, this was not a serious match it was for fun and speaking for all of 420 we had a great time. Thank you and congrats to the winning team (sorry i jumped the gun earlier.). Got to play some new although challenging tracks, race against some our favorite teams and have a good time. ;)

The scoring system was done to be fair to all teams. Idea that one player could not just place first on each track and win the entire match, would take effort from the whole team to place and get points. Like i said when i first posted this is something we tried about a year ago against WBKY and it worked very well but we did have ALOT better tracks released that week. Also it was only 2 teams, with this many teams it didnt work as well so i do apologize.

Big thanks to DE for hosting this, and thanks all we had a really great time. Also i do hope we can match up again sometime using the original format. Really was alot of fun, congrats again to the winners.
Peace. :D

PastaChief

Post by PastaChief » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:49 am

I am happy to take victory for the best score/hour. I know, it was a long road, and I certainly did put in some intense leisure time.

Congrats to PF and :(( to IRs, you can blame the scoring system all you like.

AmF3

Post by AmF3 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:38 am

Paljas wrote:I guess having the first 20 get scores enables the teams that suck to measure themselves against each other also.
Oh, really? Only 37 locals were gained by de&bam&420 of 240!! The rest IRs&PF.
May be then simply don't call teams are not ur lvl next time?
Call us when at least learn how to do sd.
Matches for win! We are not some kind of community which makes the maps or something like that...
I'm not trying to say that PF are noobs, or that we would have 100% won with a 10locs system, they have a few high-skill players.
PastaChief stfu ;)

Wikipedia

Post by Wikipedia » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:56 am

Bla Bla Bla Yackety Smackety. dumb match never again!
With all these posts... sjees ppl ITS A GAME!!!!!!!!!!
Whining bitches arent welcome.

Paljas
God
God

Post by Paljas » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:29 am

AmF3 wrote:May be then simply don't call teams are not ur lvl next time?
We didn't, 420 invited you, but don't worry, Amf, we won't host a match for IRs ever again.
Image Image

Paljas
God
God

Post by Paljas » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:34 am

Final score:

pf 1371
irs 912
420 167
bam 108
de 15

Well done Pf. IRs wins by score per player.
DE will stick to A-0 for now.
Image Image

Thunderfoot
Slave
Location: Thuis, Tilburg, Noord-Brabant, Nederland, Europa, Aarde, Melkwegstelsel

Post by Thunderfoot » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:16 pm

Paljas wrote:DE will stick to A-0 for now.
You've got that right.. but you already know.. ;)

and AmF3:
Last edited by Thunderfoot on Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Casbuur
Slave

Post by Casbuur » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:05 pm

/gga